Please watch the instructional DVD before using The Backloop. Or follow the printed directions in your package.
Two important general pointers:
- Install The Backloop only on strong, stable doors with good hinges and with all screws in the hinges.
- Place door wedge under end of door and drive it in under the end so all weight gets transferred through the door into the floor and NOT your hinges.
More pointers for maximum benefit:
- Place the tube-covered elastic band around the door handle to cover the door latch.
- Adjust the length of the loop support by moving the slider. (This so that your hinge end is safely secured!)
- Position the hinge end loop so it cups the top inside corner of your door. (This prevents the loop from sliding off the door!)
- Re-adjust the slider if necessary so that the double rings at the opposite end are about 1-2 inches from the door knob side of the door.
- Adjust the webbing in these double rings so that the handles at the top are in the topmost position that you can reach. These handles are optional unless you have a knee problem.
- Position the door wedge under the door so the door does not move.
- Slide into The Backloop with your arms up and thorough the loop. The tubes on the sides should now be between your body and arms, below your armpits.
- Position the middle tube across the spine so it is at the bottom of the shoulder blades rather than high up in the armpits.
- If the middle tube is NOT in that position, step out of the loop tighten it up and then step back into it.
- Position your feet about three inches on each side of the bottom of the door.
- Reach up and grip the foam handles. Stand on your tiptoes and pull down on both handles. This will get you into proper position to begin use.
- Relax your hold on the grip, to relax your shoulder muscles, while still keeping a light grip on the handles.
- Bend your knees to your comfort level, allowing your body to slide down the front face of the door and stay relaxed. Proper positioning is when your spine stays relatively straight and your rear stays tucked in.
- Hang for 3 seconds, and then release the pressure by slowly standing to an upright position. Repeat! Clinical tests suggest that doing 10-15 reps per session ensures maximum benefit. This will take about 1-2 minutes.
- You will gain the most benefit from using The Back Loop for 1-2 minutes, 3-4 times a day, although the device can be safely used more frequently. At minimum, use The Backloop once in the morning and before going to bed.
- Go to the recommended exercises for even more benefit from the loop.